The monthly Michigan Python Users Group (MichiPUG) meeting is coming up tomorrow! This month, we’re going to do something a little different: sprinting on a project to help out a new coworking space that is being set up in downtown Ann Arbor (see below for the full description from Bob Kuehne).
As usual, the meeting starts at 7PM at SRT Solutions.
* a guy named mike kessler is opening a co-working space on main
street, tween washington and huron, in the
old arcadian too space, right next door to (south) vinology. the
space is designed as a place where people
can pop in for a day, hang out, work with other people, get a
permanent desk, host trainings, etc. it’s
going to be pretty cool.
* as part of that, he needed some sort of door lock/authentication
system. i volunteered to put one
together, and it’s coming along fine, from the hardware and
software side. it’s basically a bag of
scripts (python, natch), and some csv files for manager users,
logging, whatever. oh, and a door latch
that gets controlled by the above.
* but from a ui perspective, i know better things could be done, and
this is where you come in.
* if people are up for it, i’d like to do three things:
* 30m : setup tasks, review / design schema
* 60m : split into groups and build an interactive site to do a few
* 30m : each group discuss results, demonstrate (10-15m@)